It seems the idea of job security is a thing of that past.
That being said, many people still feel the need to find a “secure” job at an established company. Others feel the need to run their own business.
If you are running your own sign business, when faced with pressure from family, friends or self to throw in the towel, close up the sign shop and apply for a job at a major corporation, what can you do?
Consider the following benefits of owning your own small business:
- Income Security – When you lose a client, you likely have others left. When you lose your job, that’s it.
- Travel Time – Save time by working from home, or working nearby. With a corporate job you have little or no say over where you work.
- Life Balance – Running your own business means you decide when you work and when you play.
- Job Satisfaction – It’s your business – run it as you like, provide what services you want, pursue your passion.
- Connect – Work with other small businesses, forming a network that can serve as a powerful form of advertisement for your small business.
- Higher Potential Earnings – While running a small business is no easy task, there is the potential to earn more than you would working a regular job.
If you haven’t already opened up your own sign shop, running your own business may seem like a daunting task. However, the benefits greatly exceed the difficulties. For those of you with your own small business up and running, what is your favorite part about being a small business owner? Let us know in the comments section.