Running a sign shop is no easy task, and chances are throughout the day you might feel tired and worn out.
It is hard to keep our bodies running at optimum levels, especially when balancing a small business, a family, and other additional responsibilities.
It is important, however, that as sign business owners we take the time to take care of ourselves so that we can give more to the people who are counting on us. If you battle lethargy and low energy levels try putting into practice the following 5 suggestions:
- Don’t skip breakfast. They don’t say that it’s the most important meal of the day for no reason. Starting out with a healthy balanced breakfast is imperative if you are going to have the energy you need to make it through the day.
- Go lean. Eat small amounts of lean protein at regular intervals throughout the day. Limit sugar and carbohydrate intake and you’ll notice increased energy levels.
- Avoid the dip zone. The dip zone is the time after lunch when you feel tired from letting your blood sugar levels plummet. Avoid this by swapping your large evening meal to lunchtime.
- Get active. Increasing your activity levels will give your health a tremendous boost. Make it your goal to work out 3-4 times a week for 30 min to an hour. Working out also raises your natural oxygen levels, which lets you think clearer and function better.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Shoot for 8 hours of sleep. Your body needs this time to recharge after a long day’s work and rest up for the following day’s activity.
How do you keep your energy levels up at work or find time for fitness in your busy schedule? Leave us a comment and let us know.