Appealing to your customer’s needs is of the utmost importance. If you consistently meet the needs of your customers they will continue to come back to your business. By figuring out what has attracted repeat customers to your business you will be able to draw new customers. Gathering information about your customers is helpful in understanding them better, but what can you do to learn more about your customers?
- Decide what exactly it is that you want to know about your customers. Are you more interested in what kind of business they own, or how old they are, or what services of yours they are most pleased with?
- Once you know what you want to know, develop a set of questions to ask your customer base. You can ask them to fill out a questionnaire at the office, send out an e-mail survey, use telephone marketing, or send something in the mail.
- If you are struggling to come up with questions hire a marketing firm to help. (If you have a big budget… most of us don’t!) Or you can spend a few minutes on the internet googling keywords that are pertinent to our sign making industry.
- Train your employees to listen for customer feedback that will be useful in developing your business. Have them keep a record of all the information they gather and set aside time to discuss it during staff meetings.
- Take advantage of social media sites to develop conversations between you and your customers. Get on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other such sites pronto!
- Once you know what your customers want and need, don’t hesitate to make the changes. Your current customers will be happier, and you will likely attract new business with your unwavering focus on customer satisfaction!