Twitter is everywhere, and sign business owners who wish to stay on the cutting edge of communication know it.
But is Twitter just to be used for promoting specials and sales? Or should it more properly be viewed as a conversation starter amongst your sign making customers?
If you haven’t the fainest idea how to use Twitter for your sign making business, this post is for you.
Check out these 5 tips for sign business Twitter newbies.
- Keep in mind that what makes Twitter great is the ability to listen and learn from other members. Sure, you want to do your share of advertising, but Twitter works best when other people are advertising you, so don’t spend all your time broadcasting your business.
- Search for people who are discussing your industry. Follow their feed; find out if they are talking about your business and if they aren’t, read point number three.
- Engage in conversation with those discussing your industry. Interaction with other users is paramount to successful networking on Twitter.
- While you may be tempted to use the Direct Messaging feature to connect with others, proceed with caution. Abusing this feature can cause you to lose followers pretty quickly.
- The most important thing to keep in mind is that becoming popular on Twitter takes time and commitment. Just because you are struggling to get your numbers up right away doesn’t mean that it won’t eventually work for you. Stick with it and you are bound to see success.
Consider yourself an expert Twitter? Leave us a bit of advice in the comments section below.