Having a successful, professional sign making web-site is an imperative in this day and age.
With an increased need for web-sites, designers are popping up all over the place, but don’t be fooled: not all designers are created equal. While you can depend on a designer to make the site, it is your responsibility to get informed on what makes a successful web-site and make sure your designer adheres to your requests. Once the site is properly set up you must make sure that it is maintained.
As you are designing your business web-site make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- The site should be simple to navigate. There is nothing more frustrating than having trouble finding your way through a web-site, or not being able to find your way back to previous web-pages. Keep it clear, and keep it simple.
- Highlight how to contact your business. Customers should not have to search all over the place to find information about how to contact you. Make the contact page easy to find and include how to contact by means of e-mail, telephone or mail.
- Respond to any inquiries promptly. The web-site should help you to better assist and inform your customers. When questions arrive via the web-site be quick to answer them.
- Post quality content. In addition to assisting your customers by responding to their inquiries, you should provide them with information in the form of content on your web-site. Think about questions your customers may have or topics that may be of interest to them and post it on your web-site. Keep in mind that content that appeals to search engines is better for your business, but don’t bog down articles with keywords.
- Present yourself in your web-site. Provide a little information, perhaps in an “About” page explaining who you are and the history of the business. Appeal to your customers by making you and your business real to them, something that is a big draw to working with small businesses.
- Stick to the basics. While it may be tempting to add more, or make your site flashy, keeping it simple and clear will produce the best results.
When you hire a designer to build your site, the best thing to do is have an idea of how you want the page to look and what information you would like to present. Discuss your vision with the designer, but be flexible. Often they will be able to combine your ideas with industry standards to produce a professional, appealing and successful web-site.