As noted in last week’s article, the Spirit GLS Hybrid’s innovative combination of CO2 and Fiber laser tubes creates endless possibilities for engravers. The advanced hybrid dual laser configuration is so remarkable that we didn’t have time to talk about the other smart features that make the Spirit GLS laser engraver such a technological marvel. It’s packed with smart features designed to delight your customers while boosting productivity. Here’s a look at some of the Spirit GLS Hybrid’s other impressive features.
Spirit GLS Hybrid Overview
In case you missed last week’s article, here’s a quick summary to bring you up to speed. The Spirit GLS is a dual hybrid laser engraver capable of running two laser tubes in one chassis. It combines the advantages of traditional CO2 laser engraving with those of new fiber lasers.
The CO2 laser tube can be used to cut and/or engrave organic and porous materials like wood, leather, acrylic, paper, rubber, and even heat transfer film. The Fiber laser tube enables direct engraving of metals, including brass, aluminum, and stainless steel. No messy and time-consuming spray-on coatings are needed, and the fiber laser can be tuned to engrave metals in different colors. The hybrid laser technology gives you lots of options for growing your business. You can start with either the CO2 or fiber tube and add the other as time and opportunity allows, or start with a dual laser tube setup for maximum versatility.
Spirit GLS: Smart Features
The Spirit GLS Hybrid isn’t just a hot new idea thrown into an unproven product. It’s built on an established product line with a history of high-tech innovation and reliable performance. The GLS Hybrid comes packed with innovative features designed to solve problems and enhance efficiencies.
- 38” X 24” Table with pass-through doors. With an engraving workspace just over two by three feet, the Spirit GLS is big enough for most engraving industry jobs. And in the event a special opportunity walks in your door, you can accommodate it because the Spirit has a pass-through door option that supports engraving long object like bats and oars.
- SmartACT: The speed of a laser engraver is measured in IPS (inches per second). An engraver’s IPS specification tells you how fast the laser carriage travels, but not necessarily how efficiently the laser engraver works. Just like the top speed of a car, it takes the laser carriage a certain amount of time and distance to reach its maximum IPS. That is why when you engrave small items, the laser carriage may never achieve its full speed. The Spirit GLS engraver’s patented SmartACT technology reduces the amount of time needed for acceleration. It is an innovative feature that produces real-world gains in productivity.
- Closed-Loop Digital Servo motor: The Spirit GLS engraver’s closed-loop DC servo motor can deliver greater continuous shaft power at higher speeds than a stepper of the same frame size. It can also give far greater accuracy due to the continuous movement of the digital servo drive motors, as opposed to the constant stopping and starting of a stepper motor. The Spirit GLS’ high speed DC servo motor guarantees precise and fast carriage movement and exceptional image quality.
- SmartPIN Auto-FOCUS. The plug-and-play design of the SmartPIN probe makes focusing a one-touch process and provides the accuracy and precision required for optimum quality laser engraving.
- SmartCENTER: The ingenious, patented SmartCENTER™ function helps end users to easily and automatically locate the center point of objects of any shape ‘on the fly’. This feature vastly reduces job setup time and allows you to spend less time measuring and more time engraving.
- Trueimage Engraving Technology: The Spirit GLS Hybrid’s patented TrueImage feature smoothes the edge of engraved images automatically by employing a unique laser firing algorithm. The result is vivid, astounding image quality that will keep your customers coming back for more.
- DuraGlide: Sometimes the most important features aren’t the fanciest. Adding lots of high-tech innovations to a product like this doesn’t count for much unless it’s built to last. That’s why the Spirit GLS comes with the DuraGLIDE chassis. DuraGlide is a systematic and reliable motion system embedded with a strong mechanical framework, reinforced Kevlar belts, and accurate servo motor controls to deliver superb output quality under rapid movement.
Spirit laser engravers has been in production for over ten years powering the dreams of awards and engraving pros around the world. The GLS Hybrid is simply the most recent in a long line of technical advancement, smart engineering and innovative features that set new standards for user-friendly technology. The GLS Hybrid’s state-of-the-art dual laser tube system is just one of a long list of impressive features that makes it the obvious choice for professional engravers. Prices start at only $25,000 or $549/month. Call 800-899-5655 for a quote or to request a sample.