The transition from vinyl graphics to digital printing can present a substantial learning curve. Choosing the best large format printing equipment for your business needs is the first step. The second is leaning to use it properly. This will require getting up to speed on the importance of using compatible media and ICC profiles.
You may also have to learn the differences between spot and process color, plotter vinyl and inkjet printable media, and plotting verses print-and-cut processes. All of these can extend the learning curve and delay reaping the benefits of your equipment investment.
To help you shorten the learning curve and quicken the returns on investment, we present this topical index to all of our digital printing blog articles. These aren’t all of our large format printing blog articles, but these are the ones our customers find most current and helpful. Check the links below to find helpful information about equipment, media, and processes. If you haven’t peeked at this index in a while, you may be pleasantly surprised at what’s been added or updated.
Articles About Large Format Printers
- PrismJET VJ54 Eco-solvent Printer: An introduction to our newest large format outdoor printer.
- Piezo Vs Thermal Inkjet: A ‘head to head’ comparison of old and new print technologies.
- PrismJET Productivity: Why the PrismJET VJ54 excels at large format graphics production.
- Automatic Media Take-up Systems: Why a media take-up system is a boon to large format print production.
- PrismJET VJ24 24″ Printer: An introduction to our most compact eco-solvent printer.
- PrismJET VJ24X: An introduction to our most affordable printer with white and metallic ink.
- Why we like Mutoh Large Format Printers: The competitive advantages of Mutoh printers.
- Maintenance Guide for Mutoh eco-solvent printers. How to keep your new PrismJET VJ or Mutoh ValueJet running smoothly.
- Mobile Mutoh? Can you run a Mutoh printer from the back of a van?
- New or Used? Considering buying a used printer? Read this first.
- Basic Guide to Digital Printing: Start here for an introduction to ink and printing technologies.
Articles About Ink and Media
- Large format printing: heat, ink, and media. Managing heat in eco-solvent and Latex printing.
- Basic Guide to Printable Vinyl: comprehensive primer on what vinyl for your inkjet printer.
- PrismJET 235 High Tack vinyl: Vinyl and overlaminate for motocross graphics
- PrismJET 234 WallTEX fabric: Adhesive backed polyester fabric for wall graphics
- PrismJET 230 Ultra: A more economical approach to vehicle wraps
- PrismJET 231 overlaminate; The ultra conformable overlaminate for PrismJET 230
- Printing on holographic vinyl: Guide to holographic vinyl, including digital printing recommendations.
- EnduraTex DarkJET Solvent: Our softest, most affordable printable T-shirt transfer film
- Vehicle Wraps: Cast or Calendared? ORAJET media options for vehicle wraps
- False Economy: Why Would You Use Plotter Vinyl in Your Printer? Why it’s not good to print on sign vinyl.
- PrismJET 250 WallTex: A more economical variant on our printable polyester wall media.
- EnduraINK PRO Ink for Roland and MUTOH: The benefits of EnduraINK PRO eco-solvent ink
- PrismJET 100 Series Overlaminate Film: The perfect match for your PrismJET 201, 203, & 222 prints.
Articles About Large Format Printing Processes
- Basic Guide to Color Space: Learn what you can and can’t print with CMYK ink and why.
- Spot Color and Process Color: What’s the difference?
- Lamination of Digital Prints: Why, When, How. Guide to finishing digitally printed graphics.
- When Good Prints Go Bad. Allow time for out-gassing before lamination
- How Tape and Hinges Can Simplify Application: Use tape and hinges to install printed vinyl graphics without air egress.
- Printed Wall Graphics: Guide to media and processes for repositionable wall decals
- Effective Vehicle Wrap Design: Tips for simplifying and improving commercial wraps
- Marine Wraps: Media and techniques for wrapping water craft.
- Print & Cut Workflow: Full Bleed Decals. Setup and production of printed decals
- Print & Cut Workflow: The Secret Ingredient: The importance of the right software
- Creating “Pop-out” Decals. How to use FlexiPro and a Q series to print and cut pop out stickers.
- Basic Guide to Vehicle Wraps: Lessons from Justin Pate’s Wrap Academy
- ICC Profiles: The Secret Ingredient: The importance of using correct profiles for your digital media
- Prevent Edge Curl on Printed Decals: How to keep edges of print-and-cut decals from lifting.
As new products and processes come to light, we’ll add those to the blog and this archive. So check back regularly to see what’s new. If you have a growing staff, you may want to bookmark this index and make it one of your company training resources. Let this be your learning curve shortener and ROI quickener.